Greetings to all Vettes on the River participants… We are so excited you’re coming to the show! Here are some added activities in the LeClaire area, and on the levee…
- An informal Corvette meet & greet will be held Friday evening @ 5:30, August 24th on the LeClaire levee. Come join us and many other VOTR participants for a Q&A session and mingle with your fellow Corvette enthusiasts… All are welcome!
- After the meet & greet, feel free to enjoy all the shops, restaurants, and pubs that LeClaire has to offer. Some of the shops have live music for your enjoyment so while your having that glass of wine, or having a glass of your favorite domestic or craft beers ,enjoy a Friday, August 24th evening in LeClaire.
- Also after the meet & greet we recommend making dinner reservations at “Go Fish” which is an excellent restaurant/pub which is a wonderful 5 mile riverview trip up to Princeton, IA. They have great food at reasonable prices and awesome views of the Mississippi river. Reservations are recommended so call John or Kris – Go Fish @ 563-289-3908. NOTE: Make sure you let them know that you are with the Vettes on the River event when you make your reservation (they’re filling up fast!!!).
- On Saturday at Vettes on the River we are adding on-levee food vendors to make sure our participants have an even wider variety of food options. We are working on additional options like BBQ sandwiches, walking tacos, and Pizza by the Slice.
- Bluegrass Breakfast at Mississippi River Distillery – Join us at the Mississippi River Distillery for a truly unique breakfast experience. While a live Bluegrass band plays on the outdoor patio, enjoy toppings like bourbon infused maple butter and top it off with vodka infused strawberry syrup on your pancakes. This is definitely something you need to try.
- We have added a “bags contest” to test your skills. Awards will be handed-out for the first three places.
- Don’t forget to make your reservation for a one-hour Riverboat cruise on the Mighty Mississippi. Choose one-of-four scheduled river cruises on the Riverboat Twilight. You can reserve your cruise through our Vettes on the River website. The riverboat is moored adjacent to the levee so you can park your Corvette at the event and take a memorable cruise on an authentic Mississippi riverboat.
- Again this year we will be offering a shuttle bus through LeClaire and the levee for our participants. You can hop on and off as you wish as you enjoy the music and air-conditioned shuttle bus donated by Duck Creek Tire.
Our VOTR Core Committee is continually looking for new and creative activities to make your visit to this event a memorable adventure. Please check our website at vettesontheriver.com frequently so you can take advantage of all that Vettes on the River has to offer.
On behalf of our VOTR Core Committee, the City of LeClaire, our host club Mid-West Corvettes, Inc, our sponsors Eriksen Chevrolet & Duck Creek tire, and especially our Veterans, THANK YOU for joining us, drive safe and we’ll see you in August.
Randy Huber – Vettes on the River – Co-Chair